Looking for a premium credit card that pays real cash back on your everyday spending? The TD Cash Back Visa Infinite card is worth looking at.
Starting with a welcome 10% cash back in your first 3 months and up to 3% after, this card is easily one of the best credit cards in Canada for groceries, gas purchases…and recurring bill payments.
This review of the TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card covers what you need to know.
TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Summary
- Annual fee: $120 (waived for the first year)
- Promotion: 10% cash back for the first 3 months
- 1-3% cash back after the promo ends
- Free roadside assistance and travel insurance benefits
- 20.99% purchases and 22.99% cash advances
TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card Benefits
This cash back card from TD offers a host of benefits to cardholders including:
1. Welcome bonus cash back of 10% on all purchases on a total spend of $2,000 within your first 3 months. This alone is a value of $200.
2. Earn 3% cash back on grocery and recurring bills. There is a $15,000 cap on each of these categories per year. A 1% cash back applies after the annual spending cap is reached.
3. Earn an unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases made with your card.
4. Redeem your cash back at any time as long as your balance is up to $25.
5. Enjoy free roadside assistance via a Deluxe TD Auto Club membership with 24/7 emergency road services.
6. Travel benefits including travel medical insurance (up to $2 million coverage), delayed and lost baggage (up to $1,000) and emergency travel assistance services.
7. Car rental insurance with coverage for up to 48 consecutive days.
8. Access to the complimentary Visa Infinite concierge service and other Visa Infinite perks.
9. Purchase security for 90 days and extended warranty.
10. Discounts on car rentals at participating AVIS and Budget car rental locations.
This card has a $120 annual fee tag, although it is waived in the first year. You could avoid paying any annual fees on the card at all if you have a TD All-Inclusive Bank Account.
Also, you will need to have a personal income of $60,000 (or $100,000 household income) to be eligible.
Is The TD Cash Back Visa Infinite For You?
The TD Cash Back Visa Infinite ranks well among cash back credit cards, however, it does not top the list.
If you’d rather not pay for a cash back credit card, the Tangerine Money-Back Card pays an unlimited 2% cash back on these spending categories and has no annual fee.
You could also check out the Tangerine World Mastercard which offers a similar 2% earn rate and also comes with free mobile device insurance, car rental insurance, and travel benefits.
Both Tangerine cards currently offer a $250 welcome bonus.
Overall, my review of the TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card is positive.
When you combine the 3% cash back rewards on groceries, gas, and recurring bill payments offered by the TD Cash Back Visa Infinite and its complimentary roadside assistance and travel benefits, it does pay off the annual fee even for light spenders.