Welcome to the Savvy New Canadians resources page. This page will be updated regularly to bring you exciting and worthwhile resources, deals and freebies within the realm of personal finance in Canada. So be sure to check back regularly!
Investing doesn’t have to be so hard or expensive. Digital wealth managers aka Robo-Advisors can help design your portfolio using low-cost index funds (ETFs) that minimize your fees, boost your long-term returns, and are adequately diversified.
- Wealthsimple: Wealthsimple is Canada’s premier robo-advisor. Open a Wealthsimple account today and get your first $10,000 managed free for one year.
- Planswell: Readers of Savvy New Canadians get up to $20,000 managed for FREE when they open an investing account with Planswell!
- Justwealth: Readers of Savvy New Canadians get a special cash bonus offer of up to $500 when they open a Justwealth account.
- Nest Wealth: Open a Nest Wealth account and get 3 months of free investing.
Savings and Cash-Back
It’s no secret that interest rates on savings accounts at the big banks are ridiculously low. There are much better alternatives.
- Tangerine: Bank with Tangerine for competitive high-interest savings rates. Open an account using this link and fund it with at least $100 to receive a welcome bonus of $50.
- EQ Bank: Check EQ Bank for some of the most competitive high-interest rates on savings and GICs available in Canada. Sign up for high-interest savings here! Sign up for high-interest GICs!
- Mylo: This app will automatically round up your purchases and invest your spare change so you can increase your net worth hassle-free. Download Mylo and get $5 free.
You can earn cash-back on your everyday purchases including groceries. Check out these cash-back apps/websites to save while you spend.
- Ebates: Use Ebates when shopping at your favourite retailers (over 700 stores) to get discounts and real cash-back. Join Ebates Now.
- Swagbucks: Earn real cash-back when you shop and also when you complete simple tasks such as taking surveys, watching videos, and more. Join Swagbucks and get a $5 welcome bonus.
- Checkout 51: Checkout 51 is a money-saving app/website that allows users to upload receipts from their grocery shopping and earn cash back on qualifying purchases. Sign up here to start saving!
- Caddle: Caddle is a cash back program that helps Canadians save money while making everyday purchases. Users of the app also get paid to answer short surveys, watch ads, and write reviews. Sign up here to start saving today!
- Drop: The Drop app rewards you in cash for your everyday purchases. No effort required on your part. Download Drop here (+$1 sign-up bonus).
- Great Canadian Rebates: Use Great Canadian Rebates when shopping at your favourite retailers including Amazon, Hudson Bay, Ebay, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Staples, Nike, Expedia … for discounts and real cash-back.
Free Credit Scores
You can now check your credit score free of charge in Canada. Sign up with Borrowell to access your free credit score and free monthly updates. They will also provide a copy of your credit report. Get your free credit score and report here.
For those in the U.S., you can obtain your free credit score from Credit Sesame here.
Check out IntelliMortgage to compare the best mortgage rates in your area.
I’m giving away two FREE eBooks titled: “A Simplified Guide on How To Buy A Home in Canada“ and “A Complete Guide To Retirement Income In Canada.“ These free guides are awesome! Simply subscribe or click on the links to get your FREE copy today!
I regularly write new personal finance posts filled with valuable information relating to money, savings, investing, frugal living, financial freedom, and much more. If you want to stay updated, you can sign up for my weekly newsletter using the sign-up form on the sidebar or below.
Custom Web Design
Do you like the look of this website or want one customized for your business needs or project? I can help you with that! For your affordable custom website design or redesign, you can contact me via the form here, or visit https://winnipegwebsolutions.com/