The BMO Air Miles World Elite Mastercard is a best-in-class credit card for earning Air Miles rewards in Canada.
If you are an Air Miles collector and/or a frequent flyer, you will love the fact this card offers a 2,000 Air Miles welcome bonus and waives the $120 annual fee in the first year.
In addition, the BMO Air Miles World Elite Mastercard comes with a suite of VIP travel benefits and a high Air Miles earn rate on everyday purchases.
This BMO Air Miles World Elite review covers what you need to know and why we consider it to be one of BMO’s best credit cards.
BMO Air Miles World Elite Mastercard Summary
- $120 annual fee – waived in the first year
- 2,000 bonus Air Miles
- Earn 1 Air Mile per $10 spent
- Complimentary membership in Mastercard Airport Experiences provided by LoungeKey + 2 free annual passes
- Comprehensive travel insurance benefits
- Purchase protection and extended warranty
- Minimum $80,000 annual personal income or $150,000 for a household to qualify
- 19.99% on purchases and 22.99% on cash advances
BMO Air Miles World Elite Mastercard Sign-up Bonus
New cardholders receive 2,000 Air Miles bonus miles when they spend $3,000 in the first three months.
The bonus Miles is equivalent to a short-haul flight in North America and is currently the best Air Miles sign-up bonus in Canada.
You can also redeem your Air Miles for various merchandise.
BMO Air Miles World Elite Mastercard Rewards
The BMO Air Miles World Elite Mastercard offers 1 Mile for every $10 in credit card purchases.
When you shop at Air Miles partners and scan your Air Miles card, you earn twice the miles.
The card also offers a 15% discount on all Air Miles flights in North America when you book through airmiles.ca or by calling 1-888-247-6543.
BMO Air Miles World Elite Travel Insurance
This credit card offers a comprehensive travel insurance package similar to what you get with the BMO World Elite Mastercard.
The coverage includes:
- Out-of-province/Out-of-country emergency medical up to $2 million
- Comprehensive rental car insurance including collision damage waiver (up to $65,000), personal effects benefits ($2,000), accidental death and dismemberment (up to $300,000)
- Trip cancellation, trip interruption and delay, and flight delay benefits
- Lost, stolen and delayed baggage benefits
It also provides purchase protection and extended warranty.
BMO Air Miles World Elite Airport Lounge Access
The BMO Air Miles World Elite offers cardholders VIP perks that include a complimentary membership in Mastercard Airport Experiences provided by LoungeKey.
This membership comes with two free annual passes to a selection of more than 1,000 VIP airport lounges worldwide.
Downsides of the card
To apply for the BMO Air Miles World Elite, you need to earn a personal income of at least $80,000 annually.
The $120 annual fee is at par with other similar premium credit cards in Canada and it is waived in the first year. That being said, this fee could be a deterrent to those who are opposed to paying annual fees on a credit card.
Lastly, supplementary cards cost $50 per year and they do not qualify for the first year fee waiver.
Is The BMO World Elite Mastercard Right For You?
The BMO Air Miles World Elite Mastercard tops the list of the best Air Miles credit cards in Canada.
One other premium credit card that works well for earning Air Miles rewards is the American Express Air Miles Platinum Credit Card.
For a no-fee Air Miles card alternative, you can take a look at the BMO Air Miles Mastercard.
If you are looking for top-rated travel rewards credit cards that are not in the Air Miles category, check out our reviews of the Scotiabank Gold American Express (25,000 bonus points) and Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite card (30,000 bonus points).
- Best Credit Card Promotions in Canada
- Best Scotiabank Credit Cards
- The Best No-Fee Cash Back Credit Cards
- Best Credit Cards for Free Rental Car Insurance
- Overall Best Credit Cards in Canada
BMO Air Miles World Elite Mastercard Review
The BMO Air Miles World Elite Mastercard is the best Air Miles credit card in Canada with 2,000 bonus Air Miles, comprehensive travel insurance, airport lounge access, high Air Miles rewards rate, and VIP perks.