Tangerine Bank offers one of the best free online bank savings and chequing accounts for Canadians. That is, they do not charge any ridiculous monthly fees.
When you sign-up for a new Tangerine Bank account and enter a valid Orange Key Code or use the links below, you may qualify for up to $200 in free cash! I show you how to claim these bonus offers below! I have personally used Tangerine since 2014 and my experience has been great so far.
Tangerine Accounts and Orange Key Sign Up Bonuses
Tangerine offers a variety of accounts including:
1. Savings Accounts ($50 Bonus)
Basic savings, TFSA, RRSP, US$, and RRIF savings accounts. Their savings account provides the following general benefits:
- High-interest rate (2.80% bonus rate for 5 months and 0.4% after)
- No monthly fees or service charges
- No minimum balance requirement
- Automatic savings plan
To open a savings account and take advantage of the high-interest promo rate, click here and follow the instructions on the page. Depending on the ongoing promotion, Tangerine will credit your account with up to $50 in cash bonuses after your first deposit of at least $250.
2. Chequing Account ($200 Bonus)
Tangerine offers a no-fee chequing account that earns interest like your savings. Features of the chequing account include:
- Unlimited free daily transactions (debits, bill payments, pre-authorized payments, and email money transfers)
- Access to 3,500 free Scotiabank ATMs across Canada and 44,000 ATMs worldwide
- Interest on your account balance up to 0.65%
- First 50 cheques free
- Mobile cheque deposit
Tangerine will reward you with up to a $200 cash bonus when you open a new free chequing account. Follow these steps to claim your reward!
A) Visit Tangerine Bank and follow the instructions for setting up your account.
B) You can earn $200 (credited to your account) when you deposit at least $250 and:
- Switch your payroll deposit to your Tangerine chequing account within 60 days of opening the account, or
- Set up 2 pre-authorized bill payments of at least $50 each to your new chequing account.
3. Credit Card
Tangerine has a no-fee Money-Back credit card that offers:
- 2% unlimited cash back on up to 3 categories of spending
- 0.5% unlimited cash back on all other purchases
- $0 annual fee
- Balance transfers at 1.95% interest for the first 6 months
- Purchase security and extended warranty
Apply for the Tangerine 2% money-back credit card.
4. Investment Funds: They have several low-cost index funds that you can utilize in a TFSA, RRSP, RRIF, or non-registered investment accounts. You can read my review of the Tangerine Investment Funds here.
5. Mortgages, HELOC, and RRSP Loans
Tangerine Orange Key Bonus and Referral
Tangerine Bank is the most popular online-only bank in Canada. In addition to providing Canadians with high-interest savings and a free chequing account, they also reward you when you refer others.
After opening a new account, you will be provided with an Orange Key which you can provide to your friends and family who are interested in opening an account. You and your friend each receive a $50 cash reward when they sign up using your Orange Key Code.
For savings accounts: Visit Tangerine here and (enter your Orange Key or follow the instructions on the page) to enjoy the 2.80% promo rate. Fund your account with at least $250 to receive up to a $50 bonus.
For chequing accounts: Visit Tangerine here and follow the instructions on the page. You will receive a $200 bonus after depositing a minimum of $250 and either setup direct payroll deposits or two pre-authorized payments of at least $50 each.
- Tangerine Bank vs Simplii Financial Review
- Tangerine vs EQ Bank
- A Complete Guide To Robo-Advisors in Canada
- The Best Free Chequing Accounts in Canada
- The Top GIC Rates in Canada
Tangerine Promotions and Orange Key - Up to a $200 Bonus
Tangerine offers a free chequing and savings account that earns high-interest rates. Use my Tangerine Promo Links to get up to $200 in cash bonuses after you open a new saving or chequing account.