Ampli is one of Canada’s cash back and rewards apps for smart shoppers.
Read this Ampli review to learn about how the app works, how to get a $5 bonus, and why I consider it to be a worthwhile rewards program.
What is Ampli?
Ampli is a new cash back program available to all Canadians and backed by RBC Ventures.
The Ampli app makes it easy to take advantage of everyday cash back offers from some of Canada’s top brands and retailers.
Some of the featured brands on the platform include WestJet, The Home Depot, Budget, Hudson’s Bay, The Keg, Rexall, ToysRus, Hello Fresh, Petro Canada, Freshii, Golf Town, Ownr, Baskin Robbins, DAVIDsTEA, and several others.
It is available on the App Store and Google Play Store.
How To Earn Cash Back With Ampli
- To start, download the app on your phone and link your debit and/or credit cards from any of 130 different Canadian financial institutions. Enter the promo code AMPLI5 to get a $5 welcome bonus.
- During the signup process, you will be required to enter your postal code so that later on the app can find offers available in your area, but that’s optional.
- Cash back is credited to your account when you make a purchase using a linked card at participating brands.
- When your cash back balance reaches $15 or more, you can cash out using Interac e-Transfer. There are no fees to cash out the cash back that you’ve earned.
Some of the offers currently available to me in Manitoba are:
- Foodora: 6% cash back
- Petro Canada: 1%
- Rexall: 1% cash back
- Mary Brown’s: Up to 5% cash back
- Golf Town: $15 cash back
- WestJet: 1% cash back
- Mr. Lube: Up to 5% cash back
In addition to earning cash back when you shop, Ampli also offers users monthly opportunities to earn entries to its Dreamstakes contest.
For example, at the time of this writing, you could enter for a chance to win one of ten $1,000 cash prizes or win 1 of 3 Nespresso coffee machines.
To earn contest entries, you should link an account to the app and participate in some of the various in-app challenges that may include taking surveys, shopping at specific retailers, and more.
Ampli users have already won more than $1 million in cash prizes and cash back!
Join Ampli here and get a $5 bonus when you add your bank card (promo code AMPLI5)
Ampli Extra Cash Back Offers
Ampli offers its members many ways to amplify their cash back.
Members earn cash back on top of the rewards associated with the credit card and other loyalty programs they already use and users who spend at participating Ampli brands with their RBC credit or debit cards can receive an additional 1% cash back as part of certain offers.
There is a blue symbol to denote amplified offers and bonus cash back opportunities on the app.
Ampli Promo Code
When you sign up for an Ampli account here, connect your card, and use the promo code AMPLI5, you receive a $5 welcome bonus.
You can also refer friends using your referral code and you both get $5 after they link their first bank account.
Why Use Ampli?
Why should you consider Ampli if you are already using one of the other existing cash back apps to save when you shop?
- Earning cash back is easy: Ampli does not require you to scan and upload your purchase receipts. Cash back is awarded when you shop with your linked card. You can easily link accounts from over 130 Canadian financial institutions.
- Double up on cash back earnings: You can combine more than one cash back app and save more money. For example, you can shop with your Ampli-linked card to earn cash back and still get paid when you submit your eligible receipts to Checkout 51 or shop online with Rakuten.
- Earn real cash back and not points: Many loyalty and rewards programs give you points that you can redeem for gift cards. Ampli offers its members actual cash and you can transfer earned cash directly to your bank account using Interac e-Transfer for free once you’ve earned at least $15.
Ampli vs. Drop
Ampli and Drop both offer automatic cash back when you shop at participating retailers. While the Drop app does not offer Dreamstakes (giveaways), you get opportunities to earn extra rewards when you:
- Answer paid surveys
- Play arcade games
- Participate in special offers
Both apps pay you to refer friends and you earn $5 for each referral that signs up using your referral link or code.
You can redeem your Drop points for several popular gift cards. Sign up for Drop here.
- 20 Best Cash Back Apps for Canadians
- 15 Legit Phone Apps to Save Money
- 100 Ways to Save Money in Canada
- Cash Back Apps Like Rakuten
The Ampli app is my latest cash back app for earning money and my review is positive. As the company grows, I’m sure we will see a lot more merchants and increased opportunities for users to save money on their everyday shopping.