Ampli is Canada’s latest cash back app for savvy shoppers.
Read this Ampli review to learn about how the app works and why I consider it to be a worthwhile rewards program.
What is Ampli?
Ampli is a new cash back program available to all Canadians and backed by RBC Ventures.
The Ampli app makes it easy to take advantage of everyday cash back offers from some of Canada’s top brands and retailers. Some of the featured brands on the platform include WestJet, The Home Depot, Freshii, Budget, Hudson’s Bay, The Keg, Rexall and DAVIDsTEA.
It is available on the App Store and Google Play Store.
How To Earn Cash Back With Ampli
- To start, download the app on your phone and link your online account provided by any of 130 different Canadian financial institutions. During the signup process, you will be required to enter your postal code so that later on the app can find offers available in your area, but that’s optional.
- Cash back is credited to your account when you make a purchase using a linked card at participating brands.
- When your cash back balance reaches $15 or more, you can cash out using Interac e-Transfer. There are no fees to cash out the cash back that you’ve earned.
Some of the offers currently available to me in Manitoba are:
- Foodora: 6% cash back
- Rexall: 1% cash back
- WestJet: 1% cash back
- Fairmont: 1% cash back
- Hello Fresh: 1% cash back and up to 50% off a subscription
- The Keg: Spend $100 and earn $5 cash back
- Avis Rent a Car: 1% cash back
In addition to earning cash back when you shop, Ampli also offers users monthly opportunities to earn entries for their Dreamstakes contest. More details about the contest can be found on their terms page: ampli.ca/dreamstakes
For example, at the time of this writing, you could enter for a chance to win the $35,000 grand prize (August Dreamstakes) or pick up one of the 100 $100 Starbucks or Hudson’s Bay gift cards that are available as secondary prizes.
To earn contest entries, you should link an account to the app and participate in some of the various in-app challenges that may include taking surveys, shopping at specific retailers, and more.
Amplified Cash Back Offers
Ampli offers its members many ways to amplify their cash back. Members earn cash back on top of the rewards associated with the credit card and other loyalty programs they already use and users who spend at participating Ampli brands with their RBC credit or debit cards can receive an additional 1% cash back as part of certain offers.
There is a blue symbol to denote amplified offers and bonus cash back opportunities on the app.
Why Use Ampli?
Why should you consider Ampli if you are already using one of the other existing cash back apps to save when you shop?
- Earning cash back is easy: Ampli does not require you to scan and upload your purchase receipts. Cash back is awarded when you shop with your linked card. You can easily link accounts from over 130 Canadian financial institutions.
- Double up on cash back earnings: You can combine more than one cash back app and save more money. For example, you can shop with your Ampli-linked card to earn cash back and still get paid when you submit your eligible receipts to Checkout 51 or shop online with Ebates.
- Earn real cash back and not points: Many loyalty and rewards programs give you points that you can redeem for gift cards. Ampli offers its members actual cash and you can transfer earned cash directly to your bank account using Interac e-Transfer for free once you’ve earned at least $15.
The Ampli app is my latest cash back app for earning money and my review is positive. As the company grows, I’m sure we will see a lot more merchants and increased opportunities for users to save money on their everyday shopping.