The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card is on my list of the best credit cards for travel rewards in Canada.
The card offers a juicy signup Aeroplan Miles bonus, comprehensive travel insurance, Air Canada-specific perks, and is a gateway to enjoying Canada’s most popular frequent flyer program.
This TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite review shows its benefits, downsides, how to waive your annual fee, and how the card compares to its closest competitors.
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card Benefits
Before I list all the main benefits of this card, here are some of its key details:
- Annual fee: $139 ($75 for additional cards)
- Purchase APR: 19.99%
- Cash Advance APR: 22.99%
- Income eligibility: $60,000 for personal income or $100,000 for household income
Benefits of the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card include:
1. 25,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles: For a limited time, you can earn up to 25,000 Aeroplan miles – 10,000 after your first purchase and an additional 15,000 miles when you spend at least $1,000 each month for the first 3 months.
2. Earn Aeroplan Miles: Get 1.5 miles for every $1 spent on grocery, gas, and aircanada.com purchases. Get 1 mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
3. Comprehensive Travel Insurance package with:
- Travel medical insurance up to $1 million for 21 consecutive days (below 65 years) and up to 4 days (over 65 years)
- Trip cancellation/Trip interruption
- Delayed and lost baggage
- Flight/trip delay
- Common carrier travel accident up to $500,000
- Auto rental collision/loss damage for up to 48 consecutive days
4. Purchase security and extended warranty
5. Enjoy Air Canada perks and get the following when using your Aeroplan flight reward: complimentary first checked bag
6. Enjoy Visa Infinite Exclusive benefits including a complimentary 24/7 concierge service, Luxury Hotel Privileges, and Food and Wine experiences.
7. Discounts on Avis Rent-A-Car and Budget Rent-A-Car rentals.
8. Earn twice the miles when you pay with your card and show your Aeroplan membership card at participating retailers and Aeroplan stores.
9. Up to $100 application fee rebate for NEXUS once every 48 months.
The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite comes with a host of benefits that may make it worthwhile depending on your needs. To start, you get up to 25,000 Aeroplan miles when you make your first purchase and spend at least $1,000 each month for the first 3 months.
Depending on your destination, season, and flight rewards redemption option you choose, the 25,000 bonus miles alone could be worth up to 2 economy short-haul roundtrip flights.
The $139 fee is waived in year one which gives you an excellent opportunity to try out the card.
If you are a TD All-Inclusive Banking Plan customer, your annual fee is waived as long as your bank account remains in good standing. Note that the annual fee rebate only applies to the primary cardholder.
The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite also comes with a travel insurance package that is worth noting. Even better, your insurance coverage also applies when your flight is ‘paid’ for using your rewards miles.
One major disappointment of the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card is that you don’t get free access passes to VIP airport lounges. The Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite card (also a travel card) provides 6-free VIP airport lounge passes per year.
Also, you will need an annual personal income of at least $60,000. If you do not meet this minimum income requirement, you can opt for the TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum card to earn Aeroplan miles. This card has no minimum income requirement.
How The Aeroplan Miles Rewards Program Works
Aeroplan members can use their Aeroplan miles to book Air Canada flights, hotels, cars, activities, events, purchase merchandise, vacation packages, and gift cards. You can also transfer or donate your miles.
When redeeming your miles for flights, you can choose between the fixed mileage or market fare flight rewards.
Fixed mileage tickets require a fixed number of miles for flights to specific destinations and there are limited seats available at any point in time.
Check out the fixed mileage chart.
Market fare flights vary based on the demand for flights, however, you can book any seat at any time on Air Canada flights. Market fare tickets are more flexible but will generally cost you more for the same destinations compared to the fixed mileage rewards program.
Combined, you can use your Aeroplan miles to purchase travel to over 1,300 destinations worldwide. The taxes, fees, and surcharges associated with your flight booking are additional and can also be paid using your Aeroplan miles.
Is The TD Aeroplan Infinite Card For You?
This card ranks as one of the best Aeroplan credit cards in Canada.
If Aeroplan miles are a part of your travel hacking strategies, the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite ticks the box.
If you currently bank with TD and have their all-inclusive banking plan, you can do away with the annual fee altogether which makes the card’s benefits all the more attractive.
If you prefer to have a lot more access to VIP airport lounges for free, the Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite is worth checking out. However, note that it also has a minimum annual income requirement of $60,000.
Looking for more options for travel credit cards, check out the best travel rewards credit cards.
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card Review
The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card is on my list of the best credit cards for travel rewards in Canada. This review details the card’s benefits, downsides, how to waive your annual fee and how the card compares to its closest competitors.