Founded in 2018, Bitget is a leading cryptocurrency exchange with various trading products, including copy trading, margin trading, and commission-free spot trading.
The Seychelles-registered exchange boasts over 8 million users worldwide and lists over 500+ cryptocurrencies and trading pairs for trading on its spot and futures markets.
The Bitget exchange offers free deposits, free spot trading, low futures maker/taker trading fees of 0.02%/0.06%, and a reasonable minimum deposit of $50.
The platform has its native token, the Bitget Token (BGB), which can be used to unlock fee discounts and earn several other BGB rewards on the platform.
The exchange is available on all devices and can be accessed via its desktop web interface or the Bitget app for iOS and Android.
Big Question: Is Bitget legit?
In this Bitget review, I cover everything you need to know about the Bitget exchange, including how it works, its top features, supported cryptocurrencies, Bitget fees, and more.
How Bitget Works
Bitget offers social trading, spot trading, futures trading, leverage trading, and crypto staking.
To get started, you’ll first need to create and verify your account by downloading the Bitget app or visiting the Bitget website to sign up with your phone number or email.
Once you finish account registration, you’ll receive a $3 coupon as a reward. You can then go ahead and fund your Bitget wallet with fiat or crypto from an external wallet and start trading right away.
Bitget Express is working with various partners to provide payment support in 40+ fiat currencies, 100+ cryptocurrencies, and 70+ payment methods, including SEPA, SWIFT, credit cards, mobile payment methods, and other local transfer methods.
You can also fund Bitget wallet via Bitget P2P trading, bank transfer with PIX, a payment solution in Brazil, or other third-party payment solutions such as Simplex, Banxa, and Mercuryo.
Visit Bitget here (Get a 50 USDT bonus with 500+ USDT deposit (the promo code ‘zntn’ is applied automatically).
Top Bitget Features and Services
- A wide crypto list: Bitget offers 150+ cryptocurrencies
- Multiple ways to trade: Spot trading, crypto futures, margin trading, and copy trading
- Multiple ways to fund your wallet: Express, P2P trading, Third-Party Payment, and bank deposit
- Bitget Token (BGB): The native Bitget token (BGB) enables users to obtain fee discounts and earn more rewards on the platform services
- Bitget Launchpad: Access to upcoming crypto projects and purchase tokens in their early stage with BGB.
- Proof of Reserves: Bitget guarantees to hold at least 100% of users’ assets in reserves and publishes its Merkle Tree proof of reserves snapshot monthly on the website. The platform also developed an open-source tool, “Merklevalidator,” which can be accessed on GitHub.
- Protection Fund: Bitget maintains a Protection Fund Of US$300 million (consisting of 6500 BTC and 2 million USDT) to provide its users with a safe and secure trading environment.
- VIP Services: VIP users enjoy a full range of privileges on Bitget, including exclusive funding rate, account manager, Fund Custody service, green deposit/withdrawal channel, high-yield products, extensive funding and loans, lower fees, and higher withdrawal limits.
- Institutional Services: Institutions and professional traders’ services include API trading, VIP accounts, institution account KYC, Market Maker Incentives, Bitget Broker Program, tailored sub-account service, and more.
- Generous referral program: Invite friends and earn a $10 referral bonus and up to 30% commission on their trading volume.
- Bitget Academy: Offers in-depth guides, practical tips, and market updates to enable you to learn, prepare and thrive in your crypto trading journey.
Cryptocurrencies on Bitget
Bitget offers a wide selection of 470+ crypto tokens and coins.
Top cryptocurrencies that you can access and trade on the platform include Bitcoin, Ethereum, Solana, Polygon, Cosmos, Ripple, Dogecoin, Binance Coin, Avalance, Uniswap, Chainlink, Polkadot, Yearn Finance, ApeCoin, Sandbox, Aave, Decentraland, ANKR, Chiliz, YGG, Serum, dydx, MOBOX, and more.
The Bitget Token
Bitget has its native token, BGB. There’s a total of 2,000,000,000 Bitget Tokens, and holders of the Bitget Tokens enjoy several benefits, including:
- Passive income: Stake BGB to enjoy the value-added reward and get access to impressive Bitget rewards, private circle tickets, and more.
- Fee discounts: Unlock a 15% futures trading discount when you pay with BGB.
- BGB Rewards: Subscribe to a variety of early redemption products to earn BGB rewards.
- Early investment access: Use your BGB for early investment access on Bitget Launchpad.
Bitget wins big with its rock-bottom trading fees. Bitget fees come in as follows:
- Spot trading fees: 0%
- Futures trading fees: 0.1% Maker fee and 0.1% taker fees. You get a 20% discount when you pay with the Bitget Token (BGB).
- P2P trading: 0%
- Deposit fees: 0%, but you may incur fees charged by the payment provider
- Withdrawal fees: Withdrawals are only available in crypto on Bitget, and fees vary by coin and chain network, ranging from 0.01 USDT to 0.0005 BTC.
Bitget Trading Platforms
Bitget offers both basic and advanced trading features to enable both newbies and experienced traders to buy and trade crypto with ease.
Bitget trading interfaces include:
- Buy Crypto: This offers an easy way to buy crypto with fiat and supports many payment methods.
- Advanced charting tools: Bitget offers Tradingview charting and trading tools to enable experienced traders to carry out in-depth market analysis.
- Bitget app: The Bitget app is available for iOS and Android enabling you to trade and monitor your wallet on the go.
Bitget Copy Trading
Bitget copy trading feature enables you to follow and automatically copy the trading strategies and portfolios of top traders who are ranked based on their performance and overall P&L.
Their Trader Leaderboard lists the top 500 traders worldwide, whom you can follow and subscribe to automatically copy their trading strategies.
In One-click Copy Trade, users can decide which trader they want to copy from the data provided on the platform with one click, then set your own risk control parameters like leverage mode, margin, order placement method, and more.
Once your parameters are set, the system will automatically sync the trader’s opening and closing signals in real-time to manage your open and close positions.
There is also Bitget Strategy Plaza which maintains a database of premium trading strategies and strategists and allows you to analyze and subscribe to a strategy or strategist based on their P&L, ROI, price, and popularity.
You can also apply to become a strategist and create your own strategies.
The Bitget exchange serves users in 100+ countries around the world, including Asia, Africa, South America, North America, and Europe markets.
Is Bitget Safe?
Yes, Bitget is a safe and secure crypto exchange that puts several measures in place to ensure the security of users’ assets on the platform, including:
- Proof of Reserves: Maintains 100% asset reserves, provides a tracking page for verification of each user account’s Merkle Tree structure and publishes monthly proof of reserves snapshot on its platform.
- Protection fund: Maintains Protection Fund of $300 million for three (3) years
- Risk control with hot & cold wallet segregation
- 12 A+ ratings from SSL Labs
- Trusted security backed by Qingsong Cloud Security, HEAP, Armors, Suntwin Technology
- Zero incidents in cybersecurity
Based on the above information, one can say that Bitget is a safe and secure exchange committed to doing good to its users.
That said, the recent collapse of FTX and its affiliates shows that no crypto exchange is 100% secure.
Therefore, it’s wise to withdraw large asset balances and lock them in a secure non-custodial wallet where you’ll have full control of your private keys.
Users with total assets of 100,000 USDT or more can also apply for Fund Custody service on Bitget and enjoy a separate custodial wallet address for their funds to minimize such risks.
Bitget Referral Program
Besides trading and staking crypto, Bitget has a generous referral program that enables its registered users to earn extra income by inviting family and friends to sign up and trade on the platform.
To participate, navigate to the Bitget referral program page to copy and share your referral code/link. For each of your referrals that successfully registers or deposits funds or completes transactions, you earn a $10 USDT reward.
You’ll then continue to earn a percentage commission on their trading volume. The commission increases from 10% to 30% as your invites increase from 1-40+.
When you sign up using our exclusive Bitget referral link and deposit 500 USDT, you get a 50 USDT bonus.
Bitget Review: Conclusion
Bitget has positioned itself as a top crypto exchange in the cryptosphere with its innovative products, copy trading features, and zero-to-low low trading fees.
The platform is great for both beginners and seasoned traders as it offers multiple ways to buy crypto with fiat, advanced charting, Tradingview tools, and multiple ways to trade and earn passive income to meet different investor needs.
Its wide crypto list is also amazing, making it a great place to find smaller market-cap currencies before they go viral.
So far, the Bitget exchange has not experienced any major hacks and is committed to winning user confidence by publishing proof of reserves, establishing an insurance fund, and employing other industry-leading security features to protect user funds.
That places it among the best exchanges out there.
Yes, Bitget is a legit exchange that employs industry-leading security and safeguards to secure users’ assets on the platform.
Bitget is registered in Seychelles and offers services across several continents, including Asia, Africa, North America, South America and Europe.
Gracy Chen is the Managing Director of Bitget.