Are you thinking about earning some more passive income? Swagbucks is one of many ways to do so. As you are probably aware, the internet is full of opportunities promising to make everyone rich and famous. Many of these are scams and it can be tedious sorting through the thousands upon thousands of websites, signing up, and finding which one actually pays you and which one is a scam.
Swagbucks is similar to other popular paid survey sites that are worth your time, including sites like Survey Junkie, Inbox Dollars, Daily Rewards, Pinecone Research, and several others. Swagbucks will not make you rich, however, they deliver on what they promise, and handily pass my “scam test.”
This Swagbucks review answers the pressing questions first-time users usually ask, including if Swagbucks is safe and legit or a scam, how it works, whether it is free, and how much you can earn with Swagbucks. Read on to see how you can monetize your free time and earn some side income using Swagbucks.
What is Swagbucks?
Swagbucks is one of the most popular and free online rewards program available on the internet. Users who sign up earn digital points when they perform simple tasks. These rewards points are popularly referred to as Swagbucks or SB, and can be redeemed for various gift cards or cashed out via Paypal.
The company behind Swagbucks, Prodege, LLC., is headquartered in El Segundo, California.
Swagbucks has grown popular for a good reason: they are a legitimate undertaking, and as of August 2018, have paid their members well over $310 million dollars in rewards. Every single day, they send out an average of 7,000 free gift cards to members.
How To Sign-Up For Swagbucks
Opening a Swagbucks account is easy-peasy.
Simply visit Swagbucks using this link ($5 sign-up bonus offer) and fill out the registration form. It is quick, painless, and you should be on your way to earning SB points in few minutes!
How To Earn Money With Swagbucks
There are many ways to accumulate Swagbucks (SBs), giving you the flexibility to choose which options you prefer at any point in time. These include:
1. Answer Surveys
Polls and surveys abound on Swagbucks that allow you to share your opinions and earn SB points. These surveys vary in their time requirement and SB rewards offered.
2. Shop Online Through Swagbucks
Swagbucks will award you SB points when you shop at your favourite online retailers, including Amazon, Walmart, Target, Macy’s, Sephora, and many thousands more. The cash rebates you receive in points (i.e. SBs for every $1) can be as high as 25%. To earn SB points for shopping, you need to access the retailer through the Swagbucks website.
3. Watch Videos
You can watch videos at your leisure and earn SB points. These videos relate to different subject matters including food, politics, health, film trailers, and others. The points awarded are not as mouth-watering, however, it is not a big deal as you can simply allow the videos to run while you are doing other things.
4. Search The Web
You can earn SB points while doing your routine browsing on the web. Simply use Swagbucks as your search engine (powered by Yahoo!) and accumulate SBs.
To automate this process and make earning SBs easier, you can make Swagbucks Search your default search engine by installing their Chrome or Firefox browser extensions (SwagButton). The SwagButton also helps you to find coupons and deals easily, earn cash-back while shopping, get Swag Code alerts, and earn SBs while watching videos. When you first install the SawgButton, you get free 50 SBs.
5. Play Games on Swagbucks
If you love playing games, you can do so on Swagbucks and earn points at the same time. Free Swagbucks games include Swagasaurus Run, Swag Jump, and Swag Memory.
There are other games that offer in-game purchases. If these are games you normally play or pay for (through Game Show Network), you can earn additional SBs for every dollar you spend using Swagbucks. These games include Super Plinko, Tetris Burst, Dynomite, Bejeweled Blitz, Wheel of Fortune, Solitaire Rush, Bingo Bash, and more. I generally don’t like to pay for games when free options abound.
6. Deals and Offers
Swagbucks has a section where you can browse through all kinds of deals and offers from their partners. If you find an offer on a product you were going to purchase anyway, it provides an opportunity to earn free SB points.
For example, when signing up for the CIBC AC Conversion Card through Swagbucks, you earn 4,500 SBs.
There are always opportunities to earn bonus SB points. These include from contests (Swago), Spin and Win, and sweepstakes (Swagstakes) that offer as much as 25,000 SBs in wins.
You also earn SB points using Swag Codes that are made available on their website and social media pages every now and then.
How To Earn Money By Referring Friends To Swagbucks
A great way to supercharge your accumulation of SB points is to refer friends and family to Swagbucks using the customized referral link they provide to you after you sign-up.
When your friends sign up using your link, they get a $5 bonus and you earn 10% of their earnings for life. For example, say they earn 5,000 SB points in their first month, you will also earn an additional 500 SB points simply because you referred them… and this goes on for as long as they use Swagbucks.
Sign up for Swagbucks here (and get a $5 welcome bonus!).
Additional Ways To Earn Swagbucks
1. Swag IQ: Swag IQ is a live fun trivia game app that is owned by Swagbucks. Brands use the app to engage with an audience of over 50,000 players. Players are asked trivia questions and when you answer all questions correctly, you qualify for a grand prize. Prizes are paid out as SBs and can be redeemed as cash back or gift cards through your Swagbucks account.
2. Buy Gift Cards: MyGiftCardsPlus is owned by Swagbucks and when you buy your regular gift cards through them, you qualify for SB points which can then be redeemed as usual. Rewards on gift cards can be as high as 30%!
How To Redeem Your Swagbucks
There are two major options for redeeming your accumulated SB points:
1. You can redeem your points for a gift card from major retailers including Amazon, Walmart, and several others. The gift cards come in various denominations (small and large) and make it easy for you to redeem points frequently.
The gift cards often go on sale and you could get even more value for your SB. For example, 2,500 SB equals $25. However, they often offer a discount, so that 2,200 SB can snag you a $25 gift card at 20% off!
2. You can convert your SB points into cash and have the money sent out to you through Paypal.
3. You can choose to donate SBs to a charity of your choice, including Save The Children, Wounded Warrior Project, Doctors Without Borders, and UNICEF.
Is Swagbucks Safe and Legit?
The short answer is “Yes!”
Swagbucks is a legit business that has paid members over $278 million dollars to date. You can read thousands of reviews relating to them from other users on Trust Pilot where they own a Trust Score of 8.4. Swagbucks also gets an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Is Swagbucks Really Worth Your Time?
Like I mentioned already, Swagbucks will likely not make you rich. However, it can become one of many other streams of passive income you earn on a monthly basis. Swagbucks is particularly attractive because you can make extra cash doing what you would normally do, such as surfing the web or making purchases online.
To wrap things up, you can sign up here at Swagbucks.com and start putting some cash back in your wallet!
There are many ways to earn passive income online and Swagbucks is one viable option I personally use to monetize my leisure time. To get the most for your time, you should sign up for several “get paid to” and rebates/cash-back sites and then thin down your list to those that work for you. Some other free sites for earning extra cash online include:
- Checkout 51 (+$5 Welcome Bonus): Earn cash back on your grocery purchases …up to 30%. Download Checkout 51 Now. Read my Checkout 51 Review here.
- Drop: This app will reward you in cash for your everyday purchases. No effort required on your part. Download Drop here (+$5 Welcome Bonus).
- TopCashBack: Receive free cashback on your general shopping at over 3,000 stores! Join TopCashBack Now (U.S.).
- Caddle: Earn cash back on your grocery purchases and from answering short surveys and watching videos. Download Caddle Now (Canada only). Read my Caddle Review here.
- Ebates: Earn real cash back anytime you make purchases online at your favourite retailers. Read my comprehensive Ebates Review here.
If you enjoyed this post, don’t forget to pin and share on Pinterest! Thanks!
My Swagbucks Review
- Rewards Options
- Redemption Options
- Overall Value
Swagbucks is one of the most popular and free online rewards program available on the internet. Sign-up to earn more money and gift cards on the side today.