Simplii Financial’s online chequing account is popular for its no-monthly fee, unlimited free transactions, free personalized cheques, and more.
While cheques are not as popular as they once were, you may need to provide Simplii void cheques to your employer so they can pay you by direct deposit.
Simplii Financial cheques may also come in handy when you need to make payments using pre-authorized debits, such as your rent, mortgage, or insurance payments.
How To Get a Simplii Void Cheque (Sample Cheque) Online
If you have a Simplii cheque book, you can simply write “VOID” across the front of it using a pen. This voids the cheque and you can share it with whoever needs it (e.g. an employer or insurance company).
If you don’t have a cheque book, you can order one from Simplii Financial by following these steps:
- Sign in to Online Banking
- Click on “More Services” on the left side menu
- Select “Order cheques”
- Follow the instructions to complete your order
Alternatively, you can get a Simplii sample cheque by downloading it online.
Get a PDF copy of a Simplii void cheque using these steps:
- Sign in to your Simplii online banking account
- On the “Account Details” or “Order Cheque” page, you can select the option to “Get Void Cheque/Direct Deposit Info”
- Click to view your banking details and you can print or save your void cheque as needed
How To Read a Simplii Financial Void Cheque
The contents of a cheque are fairly standard across Canadian financial institutions.
A sample cheque is often required when you need to set up direct deposits to your bank account or pre-authorized debits (such as loan repayments, rent, or childcare).
Since cheques contain all your bank account information, the recipient can easily use the numbers on them to set up a connection to your bank account – for both deposits and withdrawals.
A Simplii Financial void cheque sample is also referred to as a Simplii Financial “specimen” or “void” cheque.
So, what information does a Simplii Financial sample cheque provide? The most important information to note includes:
1. Name: Your name is printed at the top of the cheque. This indicates you (the “drawer”) who owns the bank account from which funds are being withdrawn. Your home address is also printed under your name.
2. Beneficiary (payee): This section is where you write the name of the individual or organization to whom you are making a payment. For a void or sample Simplii Financial, this section is left blank.
3. Bank account and branch details: This section includes the bank name and the address of the bank branch where your account is held. Simplii’s bank address is 305 Milner Avenue, 5th floor Scarborough, ON M1B 3V4, Canada.
4. Cheque number: This 3-digit number is what the bank uses to identify the cheque transaction in your bank statement. On your Simplii Financial cheque, it is the first set of numbers on the MICR (Magnetic Image Character Recognition) encoding line as well as on the top right corner of the cheque.
5. Transit (branch) number: This 5-digit number refers to the specific bank branch where you initially opened your bank account. Bank transit numbers are maintained by Payments Canada and you can view the entire list via its Financial Institutions Branch Directory (FIBD).
Simplii doesn’t have branches as it is an online bank, and its transit (branch) number is 30800.
6. Financial institution number: This 3-digit number is also referred to as the bank code. Simplii Financial’s institution code is 010 (same as its parent bank – CIBC).
7. Account number: This 7-12 digit number identifies your bank account. Simplii Financial’s bank account numbers can be up to 10-digits long.
When you combine Simplii Financial’s institution number and transit number and add a leading zero “0”, you get your routing number.
How To Write a Simplii Financial Cheque
On every cheque, you want to properly identify who is making a payment (i.e. yourself- known as “drawer”), the beneficiary (payee), and the amount.
Follow these steps to write a Simplii cheque:
- Write the date on the right-hand corner where you have “DATE”.
- Write the name of the person you are paying on the line where you have “pay to the order of”.
- Write the amount of the cheque in dollars and cents in the line below “Pay to the order of”. For example, if you are paying them $100.70, you can write “One hundred dollars and 70/100”. You should also write the amount in figures in the box where you have the $ sign.
- Include the reason for the cheque in the “MEMO” line.
- Finalize your cheque by signing it on the line in the bottom right corner.
Your Simplii cheque is now ready to be cashed by the bearer.
Simplii Financial Void Cheque FAQ
How do I get a void cheque from Simplii Financial?
You can print off a Simplii Financial void cheque sample from your Simplii Financial online banking account.
What is the cost of a Simplii Financial cheque?
Simplii Financial offers free personalized cheques to its customers.
How much do Simplii Financial certified cheques cost?
Simplii Financial does not offer certified cheques. You can use money orders or bank drafts instead at a cost of $7.50 each.
Can I print a Simplii Financial cheque online?
Yes, you can order Simplii Financial cheques online for free.
- Simplii Financial Global Money Transfer
- Simplii Financial Banking Review
- Simplii Financial Cash Back Visa Card Review
- Simplii vs Tangerine
- Scotiabank Sample Cheque Guide