Scotiabank offers several credit card bonuses that are worth looking at.
If you are in the market for a new credit card, a solid credit card promotional offer could easily give you hundreds of dollars worth of benefits.
Whether the welcome bonus offered is real cash or points you can convert to rewards, a credit card sign-up bonus sometimes makes signing up for a new card worthwhile, even when paying an annual fee. Sometimes, credit card offers also waive the annual fee for one year.
I cover some of Canada’s best Scotiabank credit card promotions in this article.
Scotiabank Credit Card Promotions
Juicy bonuses are available when you apply for the most popular Scotiabank credit cards.
1. Scotiabank Gold American Express Card
- Annual fee: $120
- Promo offer: Up to 40,000 points ($400 value)
- Minimum income requirement: $12,000
You earn 5 points per $1 on groceries and entertainment purchases, 3 points per $1 on gas and daily transit, 6 Scene+ points on every $1 you spend at Sobeys, Safeway, Freshco, Foodland & other participating stores, and 1 point per $1 on everything else.
Cardholders get a documented Priority Pass membership with access to 1,200 VIP Lounges worldwide and comprehensive insurance coverage.
This card also waives the 2.50% foreign transaction fee when you make purchases in foreign currency.
This card is one of Scotiabank’s best credit card promotions. When you apply for a new Scotiabank Gold AMEX card, you earn up to 40,000 bonus points as follows:
- 20,000 points ($200 value) when you spend at least $1,000 in the first 3 months, plus
- 20,000 points ($200 value) when you spend at least $7,500 in the first year
2. Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card
- Annual fee: $150
- Promo offer: Up to 35,000 points ($350 value)
- Minimum income requirement: $60,000 personal or $100,000 household income
The Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite card is a premium credit card that is considered to be one of the best travel credit cards in Canada.
It offers 2 Scene+ points on every dollar you spend on groceries, daily transit, dining and entertainment, 3 Scene+ points on every $1 you spend at Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland & other participating stores, and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases.
This card comes with a comprehensive suite of travel insurance, including travel emergency medical (up to $1 million), trip cancellation, rental car, flight delay, travel accident insurance, and more.
Extra VIP perks include six complimentary airport lounge access annually plus the waiver of foreign currency conversion fees.
New cardholders can earn up to 40,000 bonus points as follows:
- 25,000 points ($250 value) when you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months, plus
- $10,000 points ($100 value) when you spend at least $40,000 in the first year
Learn more about the Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite in this review.
3. Scotiabank Momentum Visa Infinite Card
- Annual fee: $120
- Promo offer: 10% cash back for first three months and 1st-year fee waived
- Minimum income required: $60,000 personal or $100,000 household income
In the first three months of signing up for the card, you earn 10% cash back on purchases (on up to a total of $2,000 – a $200 value).
After the promotional period ends, you earn 4% cash back on groceries and recurring bill payments, 2% on gas and daily transit, and 1% cash back on everything else.
This card offers comprehensive travel insurance coverage and new mobile device insurance that protects your smartphones and tablets.
Lastly, the $120 annual fee is waived in the first year. This Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite review goes into more detail.
4. Scotia Momentum Visa Card
- Annual fee: $39
- Promo offer: 0% rate on balance transfers for the first 6 months
- Minimum income required: $12,000
Scotia Momentum Visa Card is a low-fee credit card that’s great for earning cash back and saving on interest fees if you carry a balance.
After the Scotiabank promotion ends, you earn 2% cash back on grocery, gas, recurring payments, and drugstore purchases.
5. Scotiabank Value Visa
- Annual fee: $29
- Promo offer: 0.00% balance transfer interest rate
- Minimum income required: $12,000
For the first 6 months, you enjoy a low-rate 0.00% balance transfer rate and pay 12.99% after the promo ends.
This interest rate is significantly lower than the average rate for balance transfers and purchases and can save you a tonne of money over time.
Cardholders also save up to 25% on car rentals at participating Budget and AVIS locations.
6. Scotiabank Scene+ Visa Card
- Annual fee: $0
- Promo offer: Up to 5,000 bonus Scene+ points
- Minimum income required: N/A
This no-fee card is great for students and is easy to qualify for if you are a new immigrant.
You earn 2 Scene+ points on every $1 you spend at Sobeys, Safeway, and several other participating stores; 2 Scene+ points per $1 you spend at Cineplex theatres; and 1 Scene+ point for every $1 you spend on general purchases.
The Scene+ points earned can easily be redeemed for free movies at Cineplex, food purchases at participating restaurants, and when you shop at over 1,100 eligible grocery stores across Canada.
New cardholders get 5,000 bonus points after spending $750 in the first 3 months. This is equivalent to three free movies.
Find out more in my Scotiabank Scene+ Visa review.