The Scotia Momentum No-Fee Visa card is a straightforward cash back credit card offering up to 1% cash back on grocery, gas, drugstore and recurring bill payments.
This review of the Scotia Momentum No-Fee Visa covers its pros, cons and everything else you need to know.
Summary of Features
- No annual fee
- Up to 1% cash back on eligible purchases
- 7.99% introductory purchase APR (6 months)
- 19.99% regular purchase APR; 22.99% APR on cash advances and balance transfers
- Car rental discounts
- Free supplementary cards
Scotia Momentum No-Fee Visa Benefits
1. No Annual Fee: This card has no annual fees which make it an option if you are looking for a no-fee cash back card.
2. Low-Rate Purchase APR: It comes with an introductory low purchase interest rate of 7.99% for the first 6 months. After the promotional period ends, you pay a regular 19.99%.
3. Cash Back Rewards: Earn 1% cash back on gas, groceries, drug store purchases and recurring bill payments. For all other eligible purchases, you earn 0.5% cash back.
4. Car Rental Discount: You can save up to 25% on car rental rates at AVIS and Budget locations when you pay with your card.
Downsides of the Card
The Scotia Momentum No-Fee Visa card does not provide any insurance coverage.
Is The Scotia Momentum No-Fee Visa For You?
The Scotia Momentum No-Fee Visa is a no-frills, no-fee cash back card from one of Canada’s big five banks.
You can apply for this card with an average credit score and a personal annual income of $12,000. The card is convenient to use, offering a variety of quick payment options including Visa payWave, My Mobile Wallet, Visa Checkout and Apple Pay.
It’s 1% cash back offers cover everyday purchases making it easy to actually earn cash back.
One other cash back credit cards you may be interested in is the Tangerine Money-Back credit card. It has no annual fees, offers a regular 2% cash back for three categories of purchases plus extended warranty and purchase protection.
- Best Credit Cards in Canada
- Best Travel Rewards Credit Cards
- Best Low Transfer Credit Cards
- Best Credit Cards for Bad Credit
Scotia Momentum No-Fee Visa Card Review
The Scotia Momentum No-Fee Visa card is a straightforward cash back credit card offering up to 1% cash back on grocery, gas, drugstore and recurring bill payments. This review covers what you need to know.