The Paytm Canada app is one of a kind. It allows you to pay your regular monthly bills – property taxes, credit card balances, insurance, utilities, phone, etc. easily and earn rewards while doing so.
Unlike Plastiq which charges a 2.50% fee, Paytm is generally free. Not just that, the app gives you a $5 bonus when you sign up using a promo code such as PTM2477287 and pay your first bill of $50 or more. You also receive $5 for every friend who joins using your referral code.
The need to pay your monthly bill is a fact of life. Getting rewarded for paying your bills is a bit unusual, but is what the Paytm Canada app is all about.
You can read my full Paytm Canada review here.
Paytm Canada: Pay Bills With Your Credit Card
The traditional way to pay most utility bills and city tax payments is via the use of a debit card or by direct debit from your chequing account.
There are usually no rewards for paying these bills other than you keep your account in good standing and if you use one of the online banks that pay interest on chequing accounts, your account balance may earn a little interest every month.
With Paytm Canada, you now have an additional incentive to pay your bills on time. here’s how to earn rewards:
- After you download and sign-up for the app (use promo code PTM2477287 for a $5 bonus), you can add the different bills you pay monthly as well as a variety of payment methods – bank account, credit cards, Paytm Cash, and debit cards. All the major banks and credit unions are supported.
- Pay your bills at more than 5,000 billers and collect 1 Paytm Point per $1 spent.
- Redeem your points for free gift card rewards from popular brands like Tim Hortons, Amazon, Starbucks, Cineplex, Apple, Pizza Pizza, Best Buy, Indigo, Netflix, Sport Chek, Hotels.com, West Jet, Foot Locker, Gap, Hudson’s Bay, etc.
- You can also redeem your points as Paytm Cash that can be put towards paying your next bill.
Paytm Canada Offers
In addition to collecting 1 Paytm Point for every dollar you spend, there are some additional ways to earn FREE rewards:
They also advertise various offers every now and then, such as the opportunity to earn 5 x Paytm Points when you pay your credit card bill using the app that was available earlier this year.
Is Paytm Safe/Trustworthy?
The Paytm app is one of the top-ranked finance apps on both the App Store and Play Store. As per the company, they consider the app to be “Canada’s most secure app.” They use the same encryption technology that most Canadian banks use and promise not to sell your personal data.
If you are wondering how they make money, they get paid when you purchase a reward card from any of the vendors listed on the rewards section of the app.
Paytm Canada Fees
Depending on the payment method you choose for paying your bills, the following fees may apply:
- Bank account: no fees
- Paytm Cash: no fees
- Mastercard: no fees
- Visa debit: no fees
- American Express: 3% convenience fee
- They are currently not accepting payments made with Visa credit cards
Bills You Can Pay With Paytm Canada
There are so many kinds of bills you can pay with the app –
- Mobile: Fido, Rogers, Bell, Koodo, Telus, Freedom, Cityfone, Sask Tel, Tbaytel, Virgin Mobile, etc.
- Utilities: Enbridge Gas, Toronto Hydro, BC Hydro, Powerstream, Union Gas, Spot Power, Fortis BC Natural Gas, MB hydro, and more.
- Taxes: you can pay property taxes for several cities including Toronto, Markham, Burnaby, Surrey, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Calgary, etc.
- Insurance: BC Medical Service Plan, Canada Life Insurance Premium, TD Home and Auto Insurance, Manulife Individual Insurance, Manitoba Public Insurance, Equitable Life, etc.
- Internet: Shaw Cable, Teksavvy Solutions, Primus Canada, Allstream, Novuscom LP, Internet Infinity, Kawartha Cable, and several others.
- Cable: Bell MTS, Cogeco, Bell TV, Shaw Direct, Parry Sound, Kincardine Cable TV, VMedia, Moose Factory Cable, etc.
- Tuition and Registration Fees: Multiple universities
- Investments : Questrade, ScotiaiTrade, RBC Securities, Ontario Teachers Pension Plan, etc.
Is Paytm Worth It?
I find the app to be easy to use in scheduling some of my bill payments and the rewards are definitely a bonus. While there is a cap on how much rewards you can earn per month, it is still worth it in my opinion.
Sign up here and use promo code PTM2477287 to get a $5 bonus after you pay your first bill of $50 or more.
- Checkout 51: Earn Cash Back on Groceries + $5 Bonus
- Drop Review: Earn Cash Back on Purchases + $5 bonus
- KOHO: Earn Cash Back On All Your Debit Purchases (Up to $60 Bonus)
- Caddle App Review: Earn Cash Back on Groceries + $1 Bonus
Paytm Canada Promo & Review
With the Paytm Canada app, you earn rewards while paying your bills…for FREE. You also receive a $5 sign-up bonus when you use our promo code – PTM2477287