Paymi is a Canadian cash back app that pays you to shop at your favourite stores. The app is unique in that you are rewarded with “real” cash that you can transfer directly into your bank account.
When you sign up for a Paymi account using a referral code or special link like this one, you receive a $5 welcome bonus.
Other popular cash back apps in Canada include Rakuten, Checkout 51 and the Drop app.
Sign up for Paymi using this link and get a $5 bonus (no promo code required)!
What is Paymi?
Paymi is a rewards app and program that pays consumers when they shop at participating brands and retailers. The company is based out of Toronto and has a partnership with CIBC.
The Paymi web and mobile app are free to use and you can access your account on computer, tablet and smartphone.
For more details about Paymi and how it works, read my complete Paymi review.
How Does Paymi Work?
Here’s how to start earning cash back with Paymi:
- Register for an account here.
- Connect your credit and debit cards so Paymi can track your eligible purchases and automatically credit your account with cash back. You can connect cards from multiple financial institutions.
- Shop at any of their partner stores and retailers.
- Cash back is usually credited to your account within a week or less.
When your Paymi cash back balance reaches $25, you can transfer the funds to your bank account for free using Interac e-Transfer. Transfers below $25 attract a $1.50 Interac fee.
List of Paymi Partners
Users of Paymi can earn cash back at the following places:
BurgerKing, SportChek, Indigo, Leon’s, Mark’s, Frank and Oak, Staples, J. Crew, Spotify, H&M, Indochino, Zara, Aldo, Altitude Sports, Mary Browns, Bed Bath and Beyond, Urban Barn, Mobile Klinik, Sporting Life and several others.
Is Paymi Safe?
Paymi does not have access to your online banking details and the company notes that they are “committed to protecting the information we collect.”
As with any other app and online business, you run the risk of your information getting into the hands of hackers, however, you can help secure your account by ensuring you set strong passwords and by taking quick action if you notice anything weird going on.
Paymi Referral Code
When you join Paymi through this special promotional link, you automatically qualify for a $5 cash bonus after linking your first debit or credit card (no code required).
As a member, you can share your referral code with friends and family and when they open an account, you both earn a $5 bonus.
You can access your custom referral code through the “Refer and Earn” section of your account.
I love using Paymi to earn cash back when I shop in-store. The great thing with cash back apps is that you can combine rewards while still earning loyalty points and cash back from your credit card.
Some of the other cash back apps and websites I use to maximize my savings are:
1) Rakuten: Formerly known as Ebates, this site offers cash back at more than 750 stores in Canada. You can get a $5 welcome bonus here after you make your first purchase of $25 or more. Read my complete Rakuten review.
2) Checkout 51: Get up to 30% cash back when you purchase grocery and other household items with the Checkout 51 app. Plus, get a $5 bonus after redeeming your first offer.
4) Caddle: Great app for earning cash back on grocery purchases. Enter the promo code ENOCH48192 to get a $1 bonus. Check out this review for more information.