MyPoints is a popular rewards site that has paid its members millions of dollars over the years. If you love taking paid surveys or playing games, this site could be what you are looking for.
A few other sites that offer similar opportunities to earn extra cash include Swagbucks, InboxDollars, Harris Poll, and the Mistplay app.
This MyPoints review covers how it works, pros, cons, and whether it is legit.
What is MyPoints?
MyPoints is a shopping portal and online rewards platform owned by Prodege, LLC. It was founded in 1996, two years before Rakuten (a competitor) was launched.
The platform has more than 9 million members and has paid out over $300 million in gift cards.
You can use MyPoints via its web interface or download the app using an iPhone or Android device. It is available in the U.S. and Canada.
How Does MyPoints Work?
MyPoints is easy to use. After signing up, you get 1,750 points after spending your first $20 or more at your favourite retailer on the platform. You can redeem the points for a $10 Amazon gift card or a $10 Visa gift card.
The platform is free and you earn points when you complete simple tasks.
One good thing about MyPoints is that it has partnerships with many household-name brands, making it one of the best cash back portals in the U.S.
How To Make Money With MyPoints
MyPoints offers more than 10 ways to make money on the site.
1. Answer Surveys: Share your opinions with various brands and get paid. Surveys vary in length and pay up to 600 points each. Even if you do not qualify for a survey, you get 5 points for trying.
2. Earn Cash back: Get cash back of up to 40% when you shop at 1,900+ stores including Walmart, Bestbuy, Home Depot, and others.
3. Watch Videos: Love watching entertaining videos? MyPoints offers several playlists and you can earn up to 500 points per day.
4, Play Games for Money: Earn points when you play games including Bejeweled, Champions, Scrabble, Dynomite, Solitaire Rush, Angry Birds, Wheel of Fortune, and Super Plinko.
5. Search The Web: Members can use the Yahoo! Browser to search the internet and earn points.
6. Find Deals: You will find a listing of the deals available in your area, including Living Social and Groupon deals.
7. Read Email: Yes, there are sites that pay you to read emails. You can earn up to 5 points for reading BonusMail.
8. Refer A Friend: You get 25 points for each friend that signs up using your referral link. You also get 10% of the points they earn on MyPoints.
9. Print Coupons: Earn points when you print coupons and when you redeem them in-store. This is in addition to the discount being offered.
10. Use MyPoints Score: The MyPoints Chrome browser extension alerts you when there are opportunities to earn cash back online. It also automatically applies coupons to your cart and you get 100 points when you install it.
How To Redeem MyPoints Rewards
Getting paid on MyPoints is easy. You can redeem your points for gift cards, cash through PayPal, and travel miles.
Gift Cards: Options include Walmart, Amazon, Target, Starbucks, Burger King, and may others.
PayPal: Easily redeem your points for cash to a verified PayPal account. PayPal transfers take up to 5 business days.
Travel Miles: You can redeem your points for MileagePlus miles. The miles are deposited to your United MileagePlus account within 48 hours.
Is MyPoints Legit and Safe?
MyPoints is a legitimate company that has been around since 1996. As per its website, it has paid members over $300 million to date and has an A rating with the Better Business Bureau.
On Trustpilot, MyPoints has a 4.4/5 rating from over 5,900 reviewers.
Visit their website for more information. If you are interested in how your data is used and protected.
Pros and Cons Of MyPoints
Here are some of the benefits and downsides of MyPoints.
- Cash back offers on everyday purchases
- $10 gift card welcome bonus
- Offers multiple ways to earn extra money
- Free to join and operated by a reputable company
- Several options for redeeming your points
- Value of points vary with redemption option
- Some users complain that their account was closed arbitrarily
- Only available in the U.S. and Canada
- Surveys don’t pay much
- Limited support provided
MyPoints vs. Rakuten
Rakuten is the biggest cash back portal in the United States and Canada.
When you sign up, you receive a $5-$10 bonus after making your first purchase online of $25 or more.
For MyPoints, the $10 welcome bonus (1,750 points) is applied to your account after you have made a purchase of $20 or more.
Cash back earning on Rakuten are paid in cash, not points, and you can withdraw it using PayPal or a check in the mail.
While MyPoints also pays its users to answer surveys and play games, Rakuten focuses on cash back when you shop as well coupons.
Lastly, MyPoints has paid members over $300 million, while Rakuten’s website indicates its members have earned more than $1 billion.
Is MyPoints Worth It?
Rewards site like MyPoints do not pay you a lot of money for your time.
If you are looking to earn a bit of extra cash during your spare time, MyPoints could work for you. If you want a gig that’s going to pay your rent, you’d be disappointed.
You can increase your earnings by joining several Get-Paid-To (GPT) sites like:
MyPoints is a cash back portal in the U.S. and Canada. This MyPoints review covers its pros, cons, competitors like Rakuten and Swagbucks, and whether it is safe.