If you are looking for a 0% balance transfer card in Canada, you’d be hard-pressed to list more than a couple. The MBNA True Line offers a highly competitive 12.99% APR on purchases and balance transfers.
Compared to the 19.99% or more charged by the average card on the market, the MBNA True Line Mastercard is a great deal for a no-fee card.
This review of the card covers what you need to know and how the MBNA True Line compares to its $39 annual fee counterpart, the MBNA True Line Gold Mastercard.
MBNA True Line Mastercard Benefits
1. No annual fee: This card has a $0 annual fee. You can also add up to nine authorized users for free.
2. 0% balance transfer rate for 12 months. This rate applies to transfers completed within 90 days of opening your account and a 3% fee ($7.50 minimum) applies. After the 12-month promo period ends, a 12.99% low-rate applies to balance transfers.
3. 12.99% standard purchase rate. Compared to the 19.99% charged by many other cards, the MBNA True Line can save you a lot of money in interest fees. Note that cash advances cost 24.99%.
4. Enjoy discounts on car rentals at participating Avis Rent A Car and Budget Rent A Car locations.
This card is easy to apply for as long as you are a Canadian resident and have reached the age of the majority in your province.
MBNA True Line vs. MBNA True Line Gold
The MBNA True Line Gold Mastercard is another card on my list of the best balance transfer cards in Canada.
For a $39 annual fee, it offers an industry-low annual purchase interest rate of 8.99% and a balance transfer rate of 8.99%.
In addition, you also enjoy:
- Purchase assurance for 90 days
- Extended warranty for up to 1 extra year
- Car rental discounts
When you compare both cards side by side, the MBNA True Line Gold charges $39 in exchange for a purchase and balance transfer rate that is 4% lower (8.99% vs. 12.99%).
It also offers basic insurance coverage to protect your purchases.
For more details, check out my MBNA True Line Gold Mastercard review.
If you are looking for a credit card that cuts your interest fees so you can pay off your credit card debt, the MBNA True Line Mastercard works well.
You can easily use the 12 months 0% offer to pay off as much of your balance as you can.
Make sure to make at least the minimum payments. If you miss a payment, your promotional rate ends.