Harris Poll Online is a popular survey site that operates in multiple countries including Canada and the United States.
This review of Harris Poll Online covers how it works, how to redeem your HI Point rewards, and why I believe they are a legitimate company.
What is Harris Poll Online?
The Harris Poll is considered “one of the oldest and most prestigious polls in the world.”
It is managed by Harris Interactive, a market research company that was founded in 1975 and acquired by Nielsen in 2014.
The Harris Poll is a member of the National Council of Public Polls (NCPP), the Council of American Survey Research Organizations (CASRO), the Council for Marketing and Opinion Research (CMOR), and the European Society for Opinion and Marketing Research (ESOMAR).
The Harris Poll Online panel focuses on residents of the United States and Canada. They conduct market research on behalf of governments, corporations, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
Insights gathered from the data they collect are used to inform products and services that come on the market.
How to Earn Points with Harris Poll Online
Harris Poll Online is free to join. To open an account:
You must be at least 13 years old to become a member. Click on the confirmatory email sent to your inbox and after you have completed your profile, they will start sending you survey invites through email.
When you complete a survey, you earn HIpoints which can later be redeemed for various rewards.
In order to ensure you qualify for more surveys, provide adequate information in your profile, and also answer the preliminary screening questions whenever they come up.
Surveys may be short or lengthy and can take between 5-25 minutes to complete.
Other opportunities to earn HIpoints on the Haris Panel include:
- Focus groups (online and in-person)
- Telephone surveys
- Research that involves mobile app installation and computer software
How to Redeem your HIpoints
HIpoints is the rewards currency on Harris Poll Online. When you complete a survey, HIpoints are credited to your account. You may also earn points even when you are disqualified from a survey.
You can redeem your points starting from 1,250 HIpoints (equivalent to $10) for a variety of gift cards including Amazon, iTunes, Walmart, Starbucks, and others.
You can also visit their Rewards Catalogue where you can redeem for various merchandise.
Merchandise is sent through USPS and you will receive an email from [email protected] with tracking details.
Harris Poll Online – Pros and Cons
As with other paid survey sites, Harris Poll has its own advantages and disadvantages. Here are some of the things that users are saying online:
- A legit company that has been around for decades
- Multiple options for redeeming your rewards
- Rewards even when you are disqualified for surveys
- Available in Canada and the United States
- Accounts deactivated without warning
- No mobile app
- Poor customer service
- Infrequent supply of rewards
- No “cash” redemption option e.g. via PayPal
Is Harris Poll Online Legit?
Yes, the company has been around for more than 45 years and they are a part of Nielsen which is a global market research company.
Also, Harris Poll holds an A rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Other Paid Survey Sites
Surveys will not make you rich, however, you can maximize your payouts by signing up for several survey sites. Some of the other best-paid surveys are:
1. Swagbucks ($5 bonus): This “get paid to” site has paid its members over $730 million to date. Sign up here for a $5 registration bonus!
2. Survey Junkie: This site offers multiple surveys weekly and you can easily cash out. Join Survey Junkie.
3. Ipsos i-Say: Ipsos is well known as a global market research firm. Join Ipsos i-Say.
4. LifePoints: This legit survey site pays out thousands of dollars to Canadians every month. Sign up for LifePoints.
Harris Poll Online Canada Review
Harris Poll Online is a popular survey site operating in multiple countries including Canada and the United States. This Harris Poll Online review covers what you need to know. Sign up below to start earning rewards!