From Caramel Macchiatos to all the various kinds of lattes, I love Starbucks drinks, particularly when I get them for free!
I never really fancied coffee until I tried my first Starbucks. Hooked. Line. And, Sinker.
To feed my addiction and assuage my guilt for spending on coffee (being a frugality junkie), I have found ways to get myself a free Starbucks drink while keeping my monthly budget intact. Well… most of the time.
Want to get yourself free coffee without shelling out the dollars every day? Read on to see how to do so in Canada and the United States.
How To Get Free Starbucks
In this post, I show you nine different ways to get free Starbucks coffee, drinks, and refills.
My strategies include using free Starbucks gift cards, the Starbucks Rewards program and app, cash back apps, prepaid credit cards, and more.
1. Join Swagbucks For Free Starbucks Gift Cards
Swagbucks is the ultimate site for getting free gift cards and cash after completing simple tasks using your phone. They have paid members more than $831 million and give out over 7,000 gift cards daily.
Sign up for a FREE Swagbucks account to get started ($5 bonus included).
Some ways you can earn free Starbucks gift cards on the platform include playing games, answering short surveys, watching videos, browsing the internet, and shopping online.
Swagbucks is a legit get-paid-to site and has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
You receive a $5 bonus when you sign up and confirm your registration through the welcome email sent to your inbox. Easily redeem your points for a Starbucks gift card (or Walmart gift card if you prefer) whenever you want.
For more information about the company and ways to earn with Swagbucks, read my complete review.
2. Use Starbucks Rewards
Starbucks has a great rewards program that you should maximize to get free drinks. While I was a bit disappointed with some of the new changes introduced earlier this year, there are still many opportunities for hacking your way to free coffee!
To get started, download the app, create an account and link your Starbucks card or an e-gift card so you can start collecting Stars. You earn 1 Star for every $1 spent, and they have offers where you can collect even more Stars, such as Double Star days and other promotional offers and games.
Redeem your Stars for free food and drink as follows:
- 25 Stars to add an espresso shot or syrup to your beverage.
- 50 Stars for a free hot brewed coffee, cake pop, croissant, bagel, or a slice of cake.
- 150 Stars for any of your favourite handcrafted drinks or a breakfast sandwich.
- 250 Stars for lunch sandwich or salad.
- 400 Stars for a bag of coffee or select merchandise.
3. Free Starbucks Drinks On Your Birthday
The thing is, I know all about getting free stuff on my birthday, and Starbucks is on the list.
As a member of Starbucks Rewards, you will receive one handcrafted beverage, food item, or bottled drink on your birthday. You must have joined Starbucks Rewards at least seven days before your birthday and made at least one purchase before your birthday each year.
Just remember that this free drink is only available on your actual birth date, so don’t go slacking and forget to redeem it.
4. Use Survey Junkie
Survey Junkie is another site you can use for free gift cards. This market research company was founded in 2013 and has over 10 million members in Canada and the United States.
Everyone’s got an opinion, and with Survey Junkie, you get paid to express your opinions to businesses and brands looking to improve their product offerings.
To get started, sign up for a free Survey Junkie account and verify your email address.
Complete short surveys and redeem your points for cash via PayPal or choose gift cards starting from $5.
5. Use PrizeRebel For Free Starbucks
PrizeRebel is a popular survey rewards site available to residents of Canada and the United States.
Similar to Swagbucks, PrizeRebel provides opportunities to get free cash via PayPal when you take surveys, shop online, watch videos, clip coupons and play games.
To get started, sign up for a free account and verify your email. Take surveys, get paid, and get a Venti cup of Caramel Macchiato!
6. Get Free Money
Some other strategies I have used to get free money for coffee include:
1. KOHO: The KOHO app and reloadable Mastercard pay you cash back on your debit purchases – up to 5% in cash back. Sign up here for a $20 bonus after making your first purchase (referral code CASHBACK).
2. Rakuten (Ebates): Rakuten is my go-to cash back site when I shop online with retailers like Home Depot, Canadian Tire, and over 750 other stores. The platform automatically credits your account with cash back, and you can easily cash out your earnings via check or PayPal.
Join Rakuten (and get a $30 bonus after your first purchase of $30 or more).
7. Join Harris Poll Online
Harris Poll Online (owned by Nielsen) is one of the oldest market research companies in the world. They operate in multiple countries, including Canada and the United States.
You must be at least 13 years old to become a member and can earn gift cards (including Starbucks) by participating in online surveys and focus groups.
To redeem your Starbucks gift card, simply visit the rewards section of your account.
8. Use Drop To Get Free Starbucks
If you have not yet signed up for the Drop App, you are missing out! Drop is a free popular cash back app available in Canada and the United States.
This is how the app works to give you cash back and free gift card rewards:
- Download the app
- Link the bank cards you use for your shopping.
- Start shopping at more than 300 brands you love to earn rewards.
- Rewards points are automatically credited to your account when you shop online or in-store. They also offer various other ways to earn points.
You can redeem your points for a free gift card. I often use my points for a free Starbucks or Tim Horton’s e-gift card.
9. Get Free Starbucks Refills
It was some time before I learned that free Starbucks coffee refills were available in-store.
When you use your registered Starbucks Card to purchase hot or iced brewed coffee or tea, you can present your card and ask for a free refill during your visit.
- 40 Free Things You Can Get on Your Birthday
- 15 Best Survey Sites To Make Extra Cash
- 77 Ways To Make Money Online and From Home
- 27 Side Hustles To Make Extra Money
- How To Get Free Walmart Gift Cards
You can satisfy your Starbucks coffee addiction easily with the different strategies detailed above. The free Starbucks gift cards save you money, and you can enjoy your free coffee guilt-free!
Have some other Starbucks hacks you use? Leave them in the comments.