Are you a big movie and TV buff? Still don’t know which streaming platform to subscribe to?
Crave TV is an exclusive-Canadian streaming service that allows you to stream on demand. It has 1.3 million subscribers nationwide, amounting to a 22% increase from last year. But should these numbers prompt you to start paying for Crave’s subscription plans?
Continue reading this article to learn how to get a Crave free trial in Canada and more about this service provider.
Update: Crave no longer has a free trial. To access the service, you will need to have a premium subscription with one of the many TV providers that offer it in their lineup. You can also subscribe directly through the Crave website.
What is Crave?
Crave is a video-on-demand service specializing in TV shows. The platform was originally designed to complement existing television subscriptions but has been available as a standalone since 2016.
Crave TV offers an extensive library of HBO classics and Showtime hits, as well as series from other providers. Crave TV has also invested in original programs, like Shoresy, Letterkenny, Canada’s Drag Race, and more, in an attempt to compete with Netflix.
Because it’s cheaper, Crave TV is an excellent alternative to Netflix. This service is also bilingual, perfect for residents in Quebec. It also offers an add-on, STARZ, that brings more series, movies, and exclusive originals.
How to Get Crave for Free in Canada
To enjoy Crave for free for seven days, you must create an account on their site. The process is easy as you just need two minutes to complete the following:
- Open Crave TV’s website and click the “Subscribe” option located in the top right corner of the screen.
- Log in using your active email address and desired password for your Crave TV account.
- Choose the “Subscription Plan” that suits your needs and budget, and provide your billing information.
- Choose the “Subscribe” button to complete the process and start enjoying your Crave TV 7-day free trial.
How to Sign Up for Crave
You can sign up for Crave in four different ways:
- Directly through the site: Visit Crave TV Canada website, create a Crave account, and purchase a subscription using a valid Canadian credit card. Your card will be billed monthly or annually, depending on the plan you choose.
- Through in-app purchases or IAPs: You can also subscribe to Crave TV from the App Store or Roku’s Channel Store.
- Through your TV provider: You can subscribe to Crave TV through most TV providers, like Telus, Rogers, Bell, Cogeco, Shaw, Videotron, Sasktel, Eastlink, and many others.
How Much Does Crave Cost After the Free Trial?
Crave TV in Canada has two subscription plans: Crave Mobile and Crave Total. You’ll also have to pay more if you want to add STARZ (another cable network) to your plan.
The Crave Mobile costs 9.99 CAD per month or 99.90 CAD annually, while the Crave Total plan costs 19.99 CAD per month or 199.90 CAD annually. Adding STARZ to either plan will cost you another 5.99 CAD.
These plans also differ when it comes to device registrations and quality. The Crave Mobile plan only allows users to register one device and doesn’t support downloads. The Crave Total plan allows users to register up to four devices at once and download content to watch later.
Disney PlusApply Now
On Disney’s website
- Access to over 1,600 movies and 28,000 drama, true crime, comedy, and more episodes.
- $11.99 monthly or $119.99 yearly (2 months free with annual subscription).
- New releases every week.
- View on four screens or devices simultaneously.
- Easily download movies and watch on the go.
Telus Stream+Apply Now
On Telus’s website
- Requires a Telus Mobility plan (extra fee).
- $28 for premium TV and streaming platforms in one bundle.
- Includes Netflix Premium, Discovery+, Apple TV+, & TELUS TV+.
- Save $6.97 monthly with this bundle.
- Thousands of TV series, movies, shows, and multiple devices simultaneously.
- Download shows for offline viewing.
Related: Best free trials in Canada for streaming, music, and games.
No. Crave TV and Amazon Prime are two different streaming services with separate fees.
No, it’s not free. Even if you have downloaded Roku, you still need a subscription to use Crave.
Yes, Crave TV has HBO Max.
You can subscribe to Disney+ and get access to over 1,600 movies and 28,000+ TV series episodes of comedy, true crime, drama, and more. It is available on TV, computer, tablet, phones, and game consoles.