Looking to buy the Shiba Inu coin in Canada as it shoots up in price? Below, I cover how and where to buy SHIB fast.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) is one of the most popular cryptocurrencies in the world right now, after rallying over 300% in recent times.
While meme coins like SHIB have very minimal use cases to boast of, crypto traders continue to pile into them, making prices shoot up (to the moon as the saying goes).
Read on to learn how to buy Shiba Inu on Binance, Coinbase, NDAX, Crypto.com, and others.
How To Buy Shiba Inu (SHIB) in Canada
To buy Shiba Inu in Canada, you need to open an account at a cryptocurrency platform that offers the token.
Alternatively, if your current crypto exchange does not offer SHIB, you could purchase stablecoins on it (like Tether) and swap them for SHIB on another platform that supports it.
Many SHIB platforms below offer SHIB-crypto trading pairs, or you could buy directly using fiat.
After buying Shiba Inu, you can store it in your exchange wallet or an external wallet that accepts SHIB.
Where to Buy Shiba Inu Coin in Canada
The top places to buy Shiba Inu are noted below.
1. Buy Shiba Inu on CoinSmart
The CoinSmart cryptocurrency exchange supports multiple coins, including Shiba Inu. It operates in Canada and Europe.
- Coins offered: SHIB, BTC, ETH, DOGE, DOT, LINK, UNI, LTC, EOS, USDC, and many more.
- Funding options: Interac e-Transfer, bank wire, credit card, debit card, and crypto.
- Trading fee: 0.20% trading fee; deposit and withdrawals vary.
CoinSmart Crypto Exchange
Top crypto exchange in Canada
Great for new & advanced traders
0.20% trading fee
Get a $50 bonus when you deposit $200
2. Buy Shiba Inu on Wealthsimple Crypto
Wealthsimple Crypto is a Canadian crypto trading platform offering 50+ coins, including Shiba Inu.
- Coins offerred: SHIB, 1INCH, ADA, FIL, FTM, BAL, BAT, COMP, and more.
- Funding options: Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Trading fee: Up to 2.00% trading fee; free deposits and withdrawals.
- Offer: Get a $25 cash bonus when you deposit $200 in your new account.
Learn more in this review.
3. Buy Shiba Inu on VirgoCX
VirgoCX is a full-fledged cryptocurrency exchange offering 50+ coins, OTC, and FX services. it was founded in 2018.
- Coins offered: SHIB, ENJ, CRV, KNC, PAXG, XLM, and more.
- Funding options: Interac e-Transfer, wire, and crypto deposits.
- Trading fee: Up to 0.95% price spread, free deposits, 0.50% withdrawal fees.
- Visit: Open a VirgoCX account ($20 bonus after depositing $100) or learn more in this review.
4. Buy Shiba Inu on Binance
Binance is the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world. It supports Shiba Inu and hundreds of other tokens and altcoins.
SHIB pairs on Binance include SHIB/USDT, SHIB/BUSD, SHIB/EUR, SHIB/TRY, SHIB/AUD, and SHIB/BRL.
- Coins offered: SHIB, BTC, ETH, DOGE, and 300+ coins.
- Funding options: Credit card, debit card, crypto deposits, and P2P payment options.
- Trading fee: Varies based on account tier (up to 0.10%).
- Offer: Get up to a 25% discount on trading commissions.
Binance is one of the cheapest places to buy SHIB. Note that it is not available to residents of Ontario.
5. Buy Shiba Inu on Newton
Newton is a crypto brokerage that offers 70+ coins directly to its customers, including Shiba Inu, Tether USDT, and USDC.
- Coins offered: SHIB, LUNA, OMG, BTC, ETH, FTM, EOS, DOGE, and more.
- Funding options: Interac e-Transfer and cryptocurrency.
- Trading fee: Up to 2% price spread; free deposits and withdrawals.
Learn more about Newton in this review.
6. Buy Shiba Inu on Crypto.com
Crypto.com is one of the most popular cryptocurrency exchanges in the world, with more than 10 million users.
The platform supports SHIB coin trading using credit cards, fiat bank transfers, or cryptocurrency.
In addition to cryptocurrency trading, Crypto.com also offers some of the best crypto credit cards in Canada.
- Coins offered: 150+ coins, including Shiba Inu.
- Funding options: Credit card, bank transfer, and crypto.
- Trading fee: Varies with your account level (up to 0.40%).
Learn more about Crypto.com in this review.
7. Buy Shiba Inu on NDAX
NDAX is a popular cryptocurrency exchange with one of the lowest trading fees in Canada.
It supports 30+ coins, including Tether (USDT) and Shiba Inu.
- Coins offered: USDT, BTC, ETH, UNI, FTM, Shiba Inu, USDC, and more.
- Funding options: Interac e-Transfer, wire transfer, bank draft, and crypto deposits.
- Trading fee: 0.20%, free fiat deposits; $25 CAD per fiat withdrawal.
Learn more in this NDAX review.
8. Buy Shiba Inu on Coinbase
Coinbase is an American cryptocurrency exchange that is also available in Canada and several other countries (100+).
It has about 68 million users and offers 60+ cryptocurrencies.
Coinbase is publicly traded on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the ticker “COIN”.
- Coins offered: 100+, including the Shiba Inu token.
- Funding options: Debit card, bank wire, and crypto.
- Trading fee: Up to 0.50% trading fee; up to 3.99% fee when you deposit or withdraw.
BitMart was established in 2017 and has over 5 million users.
It supports 200+ currencies and 400 trading pairs of popular coins and newer altcoins (e.g. Safemoon).
If you want to buy Shiba Inu, you can do so on BitMart via the SHIB-USDT pair.
- Coins offered: 200+
- Funding options: Credit card, debit card, cryptocurrency deposits.
- Trading fee: Varies depending on your account level (up to 0.25%); crypto fee withdrawals vary.
Other Ways To Buy Shiba Inu
Depending on the platform you use, it may be easier to buy Shiba Inu (SHIB) in Canada if you already have a stablecoin like USDT or USDC.
Platforms that offer USDT in Canada include NDAX, Newton, and CoinSmart.
How To Sell Shiba Inu Coin in Canada
To sell SHIB, visit your crypto exchange account to place a sell trade.
You can withdraw your fiat into your bank account, or in the case of a SHIB-Stablecoin pair, move the USDC or USDT into your hardware wallet.
What is Shiba Inu?
Shiba Inu (SHIB) is an ERC-20 token built using the Ethereum blockchain.
Often referred to as a “Dogecoin killer,” Shiba Inu was established in 2020 by someone pseudonymously named Ryoshi.
Shiba Inu is part of a wider ecosystem that includes LEASH and BONE tokens.
Last year, 50% of the available Shiba Inu coins were gifted to Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin, who burned most of it and donated the rest (worth $1 billion) to charity.
Like Dogecoin, Shiba Inu falls in the ‘memecoin’ category alongside other dog-themed tokens like Akita Inu (AKITA), Kishu Inu (KISHU), LEASH, and more.
Is Shiba Inu a Good Investment?
Shiba Inu is a meme coin created to compete with Dogecoin and enable “decentralization.” Like Dogecoin, Shiba Inu currently has limited use cases; however, its ecosystem is much more robust.
Is the Shiba Inu coin a good investment? That remains to be seen.
Memecoin values suffer extreme volatility, and you could lose your entire investment if you are unfortunate to buy or sell at the wrong time.
While Shiba Inu has performed well recently, past performance does not indicate future success.
Shiba Inu Canada FAQs
Yes, Shiba Inu is available on several crypto exchanges that service Canadian customers, including NDAX, Binance, Coinbase, and Crypto.com.
Yes, U.S. residents can buy the Shiba Inu coin on Coinbase and Crypto.com.
No one knows how Shiba Inu will perform in the future. If it ends up seeing a similar success as Dogecoin, there’s a chance it could reach 1 cent at some point in the future.
It is unlikely that a meme coin like SHIB will reach $1 unless it develops some everyday uses that elevate it from its current ‘memecoin’ status.
- How To Buy Cardano in Canada
- How To Buy Bitcoin Cash
- The Best Crypto ETFs in Canada
- Best Crypto Trading Platforms
- How To Buy Ripple XRP
- How To Buy Tether in Canada
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrency is a volatile and speculative investment. If you decide to invest, we recommend you do your own research and only commit funds you can afford to lose. The author may own one or more of the crypto assets mentioned in this article.